The TPE rubber yoga mat is packaged with plastic film, and TPE itself can also be degraded, especially at high temperatures. TPE is a double layer with strong glue between the two layers, and it is encapsulated after leaving the factory, so the smell of the glue will take a while to dissipate. When packaging TPE yoga mats, in order to prevent the mats from sticking together, a layer of talcum powder or the like is applied to the surface, which is also one of the sources of taste. Therefore, the smell produced by TPE yoga mat is plastic film, super glue, and slippery surface coating. Because the mat is encapsulated, the smell cannot be dissipated. Yoga mats can reduce the body’s pain caused by contact with the ground, prevent various injuries, and can effectively block the cold on the ground, play a non-slip effect, and are one of the spare parts when practicing yoga. The following points should be paid attention to when choosing and maintaining yoga mats:
1. The uniformity of the yoga mat should be appropriate: spread the yoga mat flat. If the foam is uneven, it will be easily damaged during use. If the foamed protrusion is damaged, it cannot be repaired.
2. Size, thickness, and lightness are important and appropriate: the length should not be short and the height, the width should not be narrower than the shoulder width, and the thickness should be about 5 mm. Too thick yoga mats will affect the stability of standing, try not to choose too heavy Cushion for easy carrying.
3. Observe the elasticity of the yoga mat: squeeze the yoga mat with your hands. If you feel that your fingers are easy to pinch together, it proves that the yoga mat is too soft. If such a yoga mat is thick in time, the joints will be painful when they touch the ground. If yoga is too hard, it will not only make the skin unacceptable, but also break easily.
4. Slip resistance of the mat surface: lay the yoga mat flat, press the yoga mat firmly with the palm of the hand, and then push forward. If the yoga mat slides on the ground or the hand slides on the mat surface, it means that the yoga mat is not slip resistant. Very good, a yoga mat with poor slip resistance may cause unnecessary injuries during the practice.
5. Maintenance method: After buying the yoga mat, pay attention to maintenance. Do not expose it to the sun. After each use, wipe it with a damp cloth, and then dry it naturally in a cool place.