When choosing a yoga mat, the most important thing is to be soft, close to the ground, strong in the grip when flat, and not to slide when sweating. It is best to be easy to carry. The second is to have better waterproof and non-slip performance. Even if you are sweating profusely, you can practice with ease. The bottom of the mat is full of particles and won’t slip.
1. The main components of TPE foamed yoga mats are TPE, EVA and artificial rubber. The production cost is relatively high, the production process is high, and the industry entry barrier is high. The product is of good quality, elastic enough, soft and high anti-slip effect. It does not contain plastic and is easy to decompose. It is currently a more promising product and is loved by environmentalists. TPE cushions can currently be 10 mm thick.
2. PVC foamed cushions are more extensive, the price is relatively cheap, the color is diverse, the production cost is low, the process is simple, and it is easy to make the logo according to the customer’s requirements, and is deeply loved by the public. The disadvantage is that plastic products are not easy to decompose naturally and pollute the earth.
3. EVA cushions are also environmentally friendly, there are low-cost and high-end ones. Inexpensive EVA is too soft and tastes too strong. The high-end quality is very good, but the thickness can only be 4 mm. The Middle East market prefers EVA cushions.
4. Latex mats usually add a layer of hay to the surface, and the cost is between PVC mats and TPE mats. It can also be regarded as an environmentally friendly product. The US market likes more.
5. The CBR cushion is too heavy and the cost is not low. Wear-resistant, slippery, odorless, usually black.
The size of the yoga mat is mainly 61cmx173cm and 61cmx183cm. The main domestic products are 61cmx173cm. There are also other specifications. Adidas now exports TPE mats to Japan that are 65x175cm.
The thickness of yoga mats are mainly 3 mm, 4 mm, 5 mm, 6 mm, and 7 mm. Among them, 6 mm is the standard thickness, which is more suitable for beginners. The TPE mat can be 10 mm, which is very soft.